Terms of service
This data protection declaration applies to Vidal Carpet Gallery AG
If there are any contradictions between this data protection declaration and the other applicable contractual or general terms and conditions of Vidal Carpet Gallery AG, the provisions of this data protection declaration shall take precedence. Data protection is a matter of trust and your trust is important to us. We respect your personality and privacy. We also want to ensure the protection and lawful processing of your personal data. It is important to us that you agree to the processing of your personal data. With this data protection declaration, we inform you comprehensively about our data processing methods. And you decide whether you want your personal data to be processed.
This data protection declaration covers both historical and future personal data. If you agree to the processing of your personal data, we will not only process the personal data collected from you in the future in accordance with this data protection declaration, but also your personal data already stored by us.
When we speak of the processing of your personal data in this data protection declaration, we mean any handling of your personal data. These include, for example:
- The collection,
- Announcement or
- Deletion of your personal data.
We collect personal data in order to offer our customers better services. We are convinced that the focus of our activities on the wishes and needs of our customers should make the tasks of everyday life easier for them. Better services can be:
- Optimizing our branch locations so that they are always close to you
- Orientation of the product range to customer needs
- Simplification of processes, such as purchases, so that you can reach your goal quicker
1 – How do we protect your personal data?
We have technical and organizational security procedures in place to maintain the security of your personal data and to protect your session data and personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access. However, you should always be aware that the transmission of information via the internet and other electronic means involves certain security risks and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way.
2 – How long do we keep data?
We retain your personal information for as long as we deem necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We delete your personal data as soon as they are no longer required and in any case after the legally prescribed maximum retention period has expired.
3 – What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the right to assert your data protection rights at any time and to receive information about your stored personal data, to correct or supplement your personal data, to object to the processing of your personal data or to request the deletion of your personal data. The contact options can be found in section 4 below. We reserve the right to correspond with you electronically (in particular by e-mail) in this context.
4 – How can you contact us?
If you wish to assert your rights in relation to your personal data or have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of our personal data, you can contact us as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "My data". We will endeavor to respond to your questions or concerns promptly upon receipt.
5 – Who is the owner of the data collection?
We are legally obliged to inform you of the owner of the data collection with your personal data. The owner of the data collection is Vidal Teppich Galerie AG.
6 – When do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data whenever we have contact with you. The situations in which we have contact with you are varied. For example, we collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
- You visit our stores or other premises;
- You purchase our goods in our shops or via our Internet sites;
- You use a service from our customer service;
- You register a product purchased from us.
- You receive a newsletter or other advertising about our goods.
- You enter a competition or sweepstakes;
- You participate in one of our market research campaigns or opinion polls;
- You use or communicate with us or third parties through our Internet sites, mobile device apps or
- Offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals and social networks;
- You communicate with us via telephone and email.
- Your mobile phone connects to the WLAN provided by us in our offices;
- You contact us at special occasions such as events, advertising events, sponsorship occasions.
7- What personal data do we collect?
The personal data collected is just as varied. On the one hand, we collect personal data that you make available to us. On the other hand, we collect personal data that is automatically or manually recorded when you contact us, such as:
- Name and first name;
- Birthday and age;
- Residential address;
- Household size;
- Shopping habits;
- Purchasing power information;
- Shipping address;
- Billing address;
- Credit card and account information;
- Language preferences;
- Telephone number(s);
- Email address;
- Information about subscribed newsletters or other advertising;
- Consent to receive advertising;
- Online customer account information (including opening date, usernames, profile pictures)
- Photo and video recordings of visits to our shops or other premises.